This recipe has a crust, but not one made of wheat or even a grain. Instead, I use grated potatoes, which makes a delicious and crispy crust.
**This recipe makes two quiches.**
1 cup crumbled goat cheese or feta (optional)
** Other ingredient ideas: broccoli, ham, smoked salmon, fennel, blue cheese, walnuts, spinach, nettle, kale, tomato, beets, prosciutto, leek, turkey, brie, cranberries, asparagus, sweet potato. The options are endless!
4. Lightly steam the cauliflower, then let cool.
5. Sauté the onion, mushrooms and bacon in coconut oil or lard from a reputable farm. Then let cool.
6. While everything else is cooking, whisk the eggs with the coconut milk, herbs, garlic, cheese (if you are adding it), pepper and salt.
Now the fun begins!
7. Add the cauliflower, and sautéd onion, mushrooms & bacon to the egg/coconut milk mixture.
8. Pour mixture evenly into the two potato crusts.
9. Bake at 350C for 25 - 30 minutes, or until centre is cooked.
10. Serve with hot sauce, or herbed green sauce.
Lindsay Rusk, R.Ac., fmp
Lindsay Is a Registered Acupuncturist, Functional Medicine Practitioner, Health Investigator, Paleo Enthusiast, and Blogger.
Join the Tribe!
Sign up for my monthly newsletter to stay up to date on current health related topics.