I love quiche. It is the definition of versatility. Quiche can be eaten for any meal; breakfast, lunch or dinner. As well, you can add different ingredients each time you make it, from broccoli & ham to spinach & leek. This recipe has a crust, but not one made of wheat or even a grain. Instead, I use grated potatoes, which makes a delicious and crispy crust.
**This recipe makes two quiches.**
- 6 eggs
- 2 – 3 medium potatoes
- 2 cups of cauliflower*
- 1 cup of mushrooms*
- 1 cup of bacon*
- 1 can of full-fat coconut milk
- 2 tbsp of herbs
- 1 onion or a bunch of fresh chives
- 3 – 4 (or more!) cloves of garlic
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 cup crumbled goat cheese or feta (optional)
** Other ingredient ideas: broccoli, ham, smoked salmon, fennel, blue cheese, walnuts, spinach, nettle, kale, tomato, beets, prosciutto, leek, turkey, brie, cranberries, asparagus, sweet potato. The options are endless!
- Grate the potatoes, then squeeze out the juice using a clean cheesecloth or dish towel.
- Line two greased pie plates with the grated potato.
- Bake at 350C for 15 – 20 minutes (until potato crust is golden brown). Let cool once baked
- Lightly steam the cauliflower, then let cool.
- Sauté the onion, mushrooms, and bacon in coconut oil or lard from a reputable farm. Then let cool.
- While everything else is cooking, whisk the eggs with the coconut milk, herbs, garlic, cheese (if you are adding it), pepper and salt. Now the fun begins!
- Add the cauliflower and sautéd onion, mushrooms & bacon to the egg/coconut milk mixture.
- Pour mixture evenly into the two potato crusts.
- Bake at 350C for 25 – 30 minutes, or until center is cooked.
- Serve with hot sauce or herbed green sauce.
I WOULD LIKE TO HEAR FROM YOU!
Do you use grated potatoes instead of a flour crust in your recipes?
Lindsay Rusk Health is a dedicated resource for people who are interested in health and improving their health. Therefore, this post may contain affiliate links. These links add no extra cost to you. I recommend products and brands that I personally use and love for myself or my family. For more information, see my Terms + Disclosure.
Yes, Eating Healthy can be Affordable!
Want 14 great tips on how to eat healthy on a budget? Sign up and get the guide now. (It's Free!)